Monday, February 1, 2010

Tooth Fairy


This movie was awesome! Especially for a kid's movie! Not that I don't like kids' movies, but I know that many other people who would usually be bored or eye-rolling during one, would actually really like this flick. The acting is good, and the lines aren't corny for the most part.

In this The Santa Clause type of movie where Derek, played by Dwayne Johnson, is a bitter and old hockey has-been. He soon gets put into check by head fairy, played by Julie Andrews, who punishes him for telling a girl that there is no such thing as a tooth fairy.

There were a few questions that I had that were not answered after watching the movie. Other careful observers will probably have similar ones as well. However, doesn't bother me enough to ruin the movie for me. Also, in the films I've seen in the past, Dwayne Johnson usually does a pretty good job, but this does not compare to those. Don't get me wrong, he wasn't horrible, but I've just seen better from him.

This movie, about believing something even when society is against it, provides a great message and executes it well. Yeah, it's slightly predictable, but there are still many smile moments. I don't know what else to say except for, if you like happy movies and want to enjoy yourself, then watch this movie because you'll enjoy it!

Overall Grade: A-



-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment