Saturday, September 11, 2010

Takers


As far a heist movies go, this isn't the best one you'll see. It stars a whole bunch of people, most notably T.I. as Ghost, Matt Dillon as Jack, and Idris Elba as Gordon. It's a basic movie about a group of guys (including T.I. and Elba) who are planning a large-scale bank robbery and the two detectives who are trying to uncover their identity and catch them.

It's fast-paced for the most part, but some parts are slow-moving for "dramatic purposes." I feel as though the filmmakers were more concerned with having a cast that LOOKED good onscreen, instead of a cast that ACTED well onscreen. The above 3 actors were an exception, but for the most part, the film had horrible acting. The characters had no depth at all, with the exception of Gordon. The dialogue was very amateur. However, the story was decent--not quite exceptional though, by any means. It didn't have as many twists and turns as typical movies of this type.

I wouldn't wanna watch the movie again, but I might recommend it to those people I know who like any and all heist films.

Overall Grade: C+



-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment