Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Resident Evil: Afterlife


I know I haven't seen the first 3 films in this series, but after seeing the fourth one (being this one), I don't know if the first 3 would be my first choices. The laughable plot consists of Alice (Milla Jovovich) discovering a group of survivors from a worldwide outbreak leaving everyone else as zombies. She tries to lead these people to safety.

The acting was horrible throughout (including Jovovich), with the exception of Wentworth Miller, who plays Chris. The dialogue was amateur, and the film takes itself way too seriously. It follows very cliche scenarios of most action-horror films (i.e. killing off each character in succession until the only characters left are those of significance to the story line). There are barely any surprises throughout this movie. The action scenes are cool, but that hardly makes a film for me.

Maybe this film would be better to me if I watched the first 3, but until then, my grade stands.

Overall Grade: D-


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment