Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flipped


This movie is a great coming of age film. I didn't have to see it, but I really wanted to, and I'm glad that I did. It stars several lesser-known actors, but they are still all very good. The film has a unique double-narration feature that works very well. It tells both sides of a story between a boy and a girl--both in 7th grade. The narration switches between the both of them as they tell what happened in their relationship with one another.

The acting was tremendous, and the dialogue was great. I love when a movie actually has really believable child actors. It makes the movie all the more great. There was so much depth in each character--even the minor ones. The soundtrack is amazing in a sort of American Graffiti way.

I will definitely be getting this film on DVD and watching over and over again. It is one of my favorite of the year!

Overall Grade: A+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment