Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Switch


I really didn't think that I would like this movie. I mean, I don't like the whole artificial insemination concept. But this kinda humored it, and left the concept alone after the first 20 minutes. The main character, Wally (Jason Bateman) shows the inane problems with the idea in the first place. He shows how it can go horribly wrong. He is best friends with Kassie (Jennifer Aniston), who desperately wants a child, but doesn't want to have it with Wally, although he offered, because of his neurotic personality. So she decides to find a donor with qualities that are of her standard. She holds a party for her insemination and things go haywire when Wally gets drunk.

This movie had me laughing the whole time. Jason Bateman was awesome in it, and so was the kid who plays Sebastian. I don't want to give too much away because you have to watch it. The film is somewhat predictable, but not TOO much. It can also get kinda formulaic, but the formula works perfectly for the film. It's way more than a chick-flick. Guys will like it too. The acting was believable and the jokes were right on the money. I just wasn't a fan of the initial concept. But it was a really good movie.

Overall Grade: A-



-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment