Saturday, July 3, 2010

The A-Team


Now, never really seeing the television show, I can't offer a decent comparison, but I can tell you how I liked the film from a everyday-critic's point of view. The film starring Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson, and a few others was filled with enough laughs, action, and twists to satisfy your hunger for such things.

It really was a very entertaining movie with a great cast--although I was hoping for a little better acting on Jackson's character (who played Mr. T's character, B.A. Baracus). However, the chemistry between the actors and the characters who played them were seemless. I also wish that there was a little more background on where Face (Cooper) and Hannibal (Neeson) got their nicknames. But I was glad that they showed the background on how everyone met (which I figured they would do anyway).

The humor is well-suited for the demographics of which the film aims towards--that is, the folks who watched the television show when it was on (i.e. older people--not old people, but older). However, I laughed my butt off and was extremely satisfied with this film.

It may not be one of my favorites, but it puts you in the world of this group of characters and is full of enough puzzles that actually challenge you to think about the plot--as opposed to some other typical action flicks that just satisfy your shoot-em-up needs.

Overall Grade: A-


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment