Sunday, July 4, 2010

Despicable Me


I knew I was going to love this film! It was my type of humor and there's nothing I could change about this movie that would make it any better. This animated film is about a super villain, Gru (voiced by Steve Carell), who always seems to be at war with this other super villain, Vector (Jason Segel), for who is the most evil. But now they are competing with each other for who can get the shrink ray, which will shrink the moon so they can capture it for themselves.

There was never a dull moment in this film, and it has such a unique and clever plot. Not to mention, the score for this movie was amazing--collaborating the two worlds of Hans Zimmer and Pharrell Williams.

This film was full of great messages of selflessness and empathy. And in a world where facial expressions make up a majority of humorous anecdotes, Carell's voice depicted so much comedic emotion that it actually seemed as if a real person was on screen saying these things. The timing was perfect, and the jokes weren't just made for kids--they were jokes that could be found in a movie for adults or teens as well. I laughed my butt off the entire time. I couldn't find anything wrong with this film if I tried. If you don't like this film, something is wrong with you. I'm getting it as soon as it comes on DVD so I can watch it again!

Overall Grade: A+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment