Saturday, July 10, 2010

The Sorcerer's Apprentice


This film was amazing! I was looking forward to seeing this movie so much and wasn't disappointed at all! It stars Nicolas Cage as Balthazar (Merlin's student) and Jay Baruchel as Dave (Balthazar's apprentice). Dave was chosen to wear the ring of Merlin and defeat Morgana who plans to destroy the world.

There is literally nothing bad that I can say about this film. It is entertaining from start to finish. It's a solid and refreshing film that will keep you on the edge of your seat. The movie doesn't take itself too seriously--and neither do the characters, as their humor provides the perfect balance to the intensity.

Alfred Molina, who plays the treasonous Horvath, is one of my favorite actors, so it's good to see him in this film. And Jay Baruchel is becoming one of my favorites as well, as I like him in every film he is in. However, I am not usually a Nicolas Cage fan, but he was great in this movie!

By the way, stay until after the credits (assuming you always do anyway).

Overall Grade: A+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment