Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Inception


The acting is superb in this big-time blockbuster. You definitely will be talking about this film for awhile. There's not a whole lot to say about this movie's plot without giving something away. All I can say is that it stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Ellen Page, and it has to do with the futuristic art of "dream constructing" and getting into other people's dreams.

Since this sort of thing (dreams) always interested me, I found this film very intriguing. It sort of creates its own rules as far as dreaming is concerned. The movie is full of twists and turns (so pay attention). The acting was excellent all the way through, and so was the dialogue. In a movie like this, you have to expect to get a little confused. Though the film is about 2 and a half hours, it does not seem merely enough to explain everything there is to explain. Though they did try for the most part. Some parts towards the beginning, I felt, were occurring with very little concern of the fact that the audience didn't know what was happening. But I cannot really criticize this because I think this was intentional. The film is about dreams and planting ideas--when that is exactly what the movie is doing to the audience. It's really cool. You're just gonna have to watch it more than once. It's a beautiful piece. I just wish certain parts were more clear and didn't feel like I was playing catch-up for parts of the film.

Overall Grade: A-

P.S. After you see this movie, leave me a comment about the "big question" in this film.


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment