Sunday, August 1, 2010

Predators


Surprisingly, this was pretty good. At least better than I thought. Starring Adrian Brody and Topher Grace as 2 of the eight strangers that land in this strange forest. They have to survive and figure out why they're there in the first place.

This film is full of mystery and suspense and twists. It never takes itself too seriously--I mean, how could it with Topher Grace as one of the stars. The acting is tremendous, and it gets even better with the brief feature of Laurence Fishburne. It's really violent at parts, which is kind of expected. But overall, the story is pretty good--in fact I really liked it. The only Predator film I've seen is Alien vs. Predator, so I don't know a whole lot about these films. The only part that I didn't like was the scariness of it (which wasn't too bad) and it wasn't scares for scares sake--it was all pretty much involved with the story.

The film had a good message and it's just too bad sometimes that films like this never get any long-term recognition. As far as movies go, this one's not bad.

Overall Grade: B+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment