Friday, August 20, 2010

Vampires Suck


In an attempt to mock the Twilight film series, I guess this film served its purpose. The movie is literally an exact parody of the first two Twilight films, starring little known actors.

In an attempt to simulate the popular Scary Movie-type films, this movie falls short. It isn't really funny, and it tries too hard. There were a couple of Leslie Nielsen-type jokes, which were the highlight of the film. Also, the actor who played Jacob in this film did a way better job than Taylor Lautner, who plays Jacob in the real Twilight films. The jokes could be way funnier. I felt like they took the easy route when coming up with jokes. A few were clever, but for the most part they were unmemorable. I mean, I don't like the Twilight series either, and I guess it does point out a few things that are laughable about the parodies movies, but one would actually have to watch the Twilight movies to get the jokes. And, besides critics, the only people who watch the Twilight movies are the people who LOVE the Twilight movies, and in turn would not be the ones wanting to watch this parody movie.

I did like how this film makes people realize that the Twilight movies can fit their entire story line into one movie--which is what this film did very easily. I like the point this film was trying to make--it just wasn't all that funny. The jokes were ones that I could have come up with in junior high after watching the Twilight movies. And it's not a good-grade worthy film.

Overall Grade: D+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment