Monday, August 16, 2010

Step Up 3D


I've never seen the first 2 Step Up films, nor did I see THIS movie in 3D, as it was intended to be seen, but I was very surprised by this film. It stars all little-known actors, and has a typical story about a dance group that is trying to find money so that their practice facility/home don't get foreclosed. There's a rival dance group, and a couple substories to go with it.

I didn't want to see it at all, and it still wasn't a great film by anybody's standards, but it was very entertaining. The choreography was stunning and looks awesome. The acting wasn't horrible either for the most part. One of the main characters, Moose, is played by an actor that I've never seen before but I think has a lot of talent. His name is Adam Sevani, and he reminds me of a young Robert Downey Jr. I can see this kid being big.

Now, the plot wasn't anything unique or terribly believable, but it had heart and had a great message for achieving your goals and doing what you love. The film didn't take itself too seriously at times, but other times it did. However, it kept me entertained--which is what mattered the most.

Overall Grade: B



-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment