Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Toy Story 3


Oh my gosh! If you love or even just like the original Toy Story films, then you HAVE to see this film! I have already seen it twice! In this film, Andy is getting ready for college by packing up a bunch of his stuff. However, in the midst of things, his toys accidentally get sent to a daycare instead of being kept in the garage like he wanted. Now, I don't want to give away too much, so I'm not going to say any more.

This is the best film I've seen so far this year--and I doubt anything will top it! The same warm feeling you get from the original films are back in this one. The humor is not modernized at all. You will feel as if this movie was created immediately after the first two. The film is full of thrills and suspenseful twists to keep you on the edge of your seat wanting to know what will happen next. In many ways, I'm not sure whether I like this one better than the first one or not, but I do know that it is one of the best films I've ever seen (as are the first two)--just in the way that everything comes together perfectly.

If you're hesitating because of the extra cost of the 3-D, don't worry because it's not necessary. I mean, yeah sure, it's cool to see it in 3-D but it's not necessary for enjoying the movie to its full potential.

There was one thing that I was hoping would happen that didn't--but something tells me that the filmmakers wanted you to think it was going to happen as well. If you've seen the movie and want to know what I'm referring to, look at what I have written after the "Overall Grade" line.

But there is literally nothing that I didn't like about this film. It made me happy, sad, and scared all at once--and a lot of each. I want to write so much more about this film, but I can't without giving stuff away. But let me leave you with this--if you don't like this film, something is seriously wrong with you.

Overall Grade: A+



****SPOILER ALERT****

I think that at the end when Andy is holding Woody, they should have had Woody speak or wink or something that lets Andy know that the toys are, in fact, alive. Well, I have a great idea for a fourth film that includes this concept. I will be looking forward to writing it and sending it in to Pixar in a few years.


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment