Sunday, June 27, 2010

Get Him To The Greek


Definitely NOT my sense of humor! On top of the fact that I saw this with my mother, I wouldn't want to see this movie again anyway! I really did want to see it initially, however I was very disappointed. Aaron (Jonah Hill), a record company intern, is hired by his boss, Sergio (Diddy), to fetch the estranged superstar Aldous Snow (Russell Brand). He has to go from Los Angeles to Europe to convince this guy to play one concert for a sold-out audience who haven't seen him perform in years. Aldous is on a journey to rediscover himself--or something.

This film is filled with crude humor for no good reason--unlike 40-Year-Old Virgin or even Superbad. I felt as though it was forced at many times. Not to mention the fact that I have never been able to stand Russell Brand! He is offensive in real life and in films. Jonah Hill was THE only salvation for this film. His lovable character kept me from completely failing this film. There were some completely uncomfortable scenes that made me upset more than giddy. It was disgusting overall.

The movie, however, did have a great storyline to it, but the way it was executed was unnecessary and I felt like I could have probably done a way better job and could have made it more meaningful and timeless as well. This really could have been a great movie. And films can be crude and funny at the same time (e.g. The Hangover), but this was taken way too far. And there were some funny parts, but they were forgotten and drowned out by the vulgarity and disgusting aspects of this film (literally, I can't remember the funny parts anymore). Even Jonah Hill couldn't save this one completely.

Overall Grade: D


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment