Sunday, June 6, 2010

Robin Hood


Hmm...I'm a little confused as to how I should feel about this movie. I wanted to love it, I really did, but I'm not sure that I can say that I loved it after watching it. It's not a typical story about Robin Hood being the man that steals from the rich and gives to the poor. But who knows? Maybe the sequel (if there is one) will have more to do with that. However, I thought that they could have at least alluded to it a little bit in this film. The film was how Robin Hood became Robin Hood, but the only problem is that the viewer doesn't really see him become Robin Hood--they only see him become an outlaw (which may be the point, but they should have stressed this more).

This film was, I think, a little longer than it should have been. Some scenes could have been omitted or changed to be shorter. Also, the accents were very hard to understand. I had the hardest time comprehending some parts--which may have been why I was bored from time to time.

I found it interesting that little CGI was used in the making of this film and that all of the sets were actually built for the film or borrowed from an actual location. Also, Russell Crowe, who plays Mr. Hood, did an excellent job of portraying the part.

As for the film, I would like to watch it again in hopes to get something that I missed, but by the looks of many people, they were confused about the same thing as me. Maybe it's just me? I mean, I DID enjoy the story very much, it's just that I was expecting something different. However, the story that WAS told was actually very good--just kinda long. I think I WANTED to like the movie way more than I actually LIKED it though.

Overall Grade: B


-Ethan Brehm

1 comment:

  1. Hey...I'm a big Robin Hood fan so I was more forgiving than you and liked the movie. But I would like more of the robbing from the rich to give to the poor....maybe...maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete