Sunday, June 27, 2010

Marmaduke


Like I said with pretty much every kid's movie, you have to revue them from the point of view of a child, or else you're not going to get a very accurate review. Because of course most adults are not going to love kids movies. I like to remember when I was a kid and think if it would be a film that I would want my parents to buy me so I could watch over and over again. And honestly, this would be one of those films. Marmaduke (voiced by Owen Wilson) is a fun-loving dog who always annoys his owner. At the same time that he is trying to gain the love of his master, he is trying to fit in with the cool purebreds at the dog park.

Yeah sure, some of the acting was a little amateur and the human lines could be cheesy at times, but kids don't care--and besides, they weren't THAT bad or corny.

Overall, it was a great kid's film! Other critics need to relax.

Overall Grade: A-


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment