Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Killers


In an attempt to watch a movie featuring Katherine Heigl, who I honestly cannot stand, I actually had a good time (not because of her of course, as she still annoyed me). This film about Jen (Heigl) who recently finds out that her husband, Spencer (Ashton Kutcher), is a contract killer after there is a $20 million bounty over his head and people are trying to kill him.

Yeah, it may not be the most thrilling film in the world, but it is definitely action packed and entertaining. There are many twists throughout this film and you don't know who to trust. At the same time, however, it's a funny film. It keeps you interested and actually isn't slow at any moments. It may be formulaic, but it's a formula that works in this case and isn't predictable--which is something that formula films usually are.

The only aspects that I didn't like about this film were Heigl's annoying tendencies and I wish that it would have been a LITTLE bit more funny than it was.

I honestly wasn't looking forward to seeing this film when it first came out because I thought it was going to be stupid--well, although many critics thought that it was, it exceeded my expectations (which may be why I liked it so much--because my expectations were SO BAD). It wasn't anticlimactic by any means, but I don't know if I would go out and buy the film--MAYBE at discount price though. However, I would watch it again.

Overall Grade: B+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment