Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She's Out Of My League


Hilarious! I honestly wasn't sure if I was going to like this movie before I saw it, which probably made the film all the more better. Sure, I wasn't always my type of humor, but there was enough of my actual type of humor in this movie to compensate. It had a similar feel to a late 90's or early 00's comedy. It's about Kirk, played by Jay Baruchel, who is a geeky TSA officer trying to get over his ex (who lives with Kirk's parents). Then, he meets the supermodel-type Molly, played by Alice Eve, who asks him out. This boggles everyone's mind (including Kirk) and seems to defy the laws of love according to everybody.

Everyone does a good job in this film, and it refrains from being too much of a corny love story. It brings a great message to the screen and really makes you smile.

The movie can be a bit vulgar at times, and it doesn't touch on the imperfections of Molly as much as I would have hoped (but maybe that was the point), but certain things that some may see as an unattractive quality, the movie and everyone in it sees as awesome. But like I said, I can see how this would be put in the movie like this.

It was a good movie, and one that I could buy and watch over again.

Overall Grade: A


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment