Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Remember Me


Now, before you jump the gun and decide whether or not you are going to see this movie based on the fact that you cannot stand Robert Pattinson and his vampire movies, please don't. And honestly, I was thinking the same thing, because I really do despise the Twilight saga for what it is doing to the world of film (or at least we like to think that it is). Also, this is not a chick flick at all! I really can't say anything about this movie without giving it away though--it's probably better if you know nothing going into this movie because that's what I did, and I was happy that I did. But really, make this the only "review" you read about this movie before seeing it. It was a terrific movie, and Pattinson really did do a good job--showing that his career will not be hindered by the success (or lack of) of his vampire movies. Yeah, sure, I was the only male in the movie theater, and I am sad to say so, because I think this is a movie that everyone should see because it deals with death and how we cope with it (not a spoiler--first scene).

Some may have heard that there was controversy surrounding some aspects of this movie, but I do want you to know that film is an art form, and I'm sure there have been hundreds of more "offensive" things in the past that people didn't think twice about--just saying.

I will admit that there is a lot of unnecessary sex scenes in this movie that don't really contribute much to the film. But, overall, the messages were strong throughout this film and it will really make you think. I recommend it to my guy friends as well. However, if it was Taylor Lautner instead, I would probably not be as generous.

Overall Grade: A-


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment