Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Nightmare On Elm Street


I...Hate...Scary...Movies! I don't know if I can even write a review for this one cause my eyes were behind my hand half the time. Basically, Freddy Kreuger haunts a group of teenagers whenever they fall asleep and if they die in their sleep, they die in real life. The kids spend the movie trying to figure out why its happening and how to stop it.

Freddy looks creepier than before. I can't even look at him now. The acting wasn't all that great, except for one of the kids, Quentin (Kyle Gallner). The storyline was alright. It was creepy and mysterious. Having not seen the original, I do not know if it is the same or not. This movie was really predictable as far as when Freddy was gonna show up. You catch on quick, and they don't even try to fool you with the music. And it was drawn out way too long that it needed to be. **Spoiler Alert** It is also unbelievable how the kids would forget a memory that happened to them when they were 4-years-old. I mean, I remember tons of stuff that happened when I was 4! **End Of Spoiler**

I mean, I guess the story was good considering that you can't always make up a great storyline for these types of films. However, the point of the movie WAS to scare, but honestly, I was good after the first night or two. A REALLY scary movie will keep me freaking out for a week or more!

Overall Grade: C+ (maybe C)


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment