Sunday, May 16, 2010

Iron Man 2


There's nothing better than a superhero that doesn't take himself too seriously--except for a superhero movie franchise that doesn't take itself too seriously. Pretty much everyone has seen the first Iron Man film and loved how enjoyable it was (it was my favorite film of 2008). And although there were not as many action sequences in this one (which I don't have a problem with), there was a perfect balance between story and action. In this film, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) encounters a new villain, Whiplash (Mickey Rourke), while having to be reprimanded by the US government and asked to give his Iron Man technology to them for military use. Stark refuses.

This film still has the humor and uniqueness of the first film. The reason why some may have not liked it would be because they were too spoiled with the first one and wanted something more. But why? I wanted to see what I liked about the first film, except with a different story line--which is what I got. I don't need 2 hours of action to love a movie, I just want to be entertained--and I was. Sure, there may have been a little more suspense throughout the first one, but that's the only thing that separates the two films. But don't get me wrong, there is still suspense and many twists in this movie. Actually, there are probably even more twists in this one.

And by the way, stay till after the credits (which is what I am in support of doing with every film though). I guessed it was going to happen half way through the film when they alluded to it.

Overall Grade: A+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment