Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Lovely Bones


Not being much of a reader, I have never read the critically acclaimed book version of this movie, so I may have a different take on the movie compared to someone who has actually read the book. However, I did hear that the movie version does portray a different message and overall point than the book does.

The movie was good, and I thought that the story was interesting. Stanly Tucci did an excellent job portraying the kidnapper, and the girl who played the main character, Suzie, also did a really great job and it is obvious that she has a real future in this business.

It was interesting seeing a society handle and deal with a kidnapping during a time when kidnappings were less common, and when people let their kids walk to school by themselves. However, I wished that the film portrayed the theme of forgiveness (which is what I thought they were gonna do) rather than purely revenge. But overall, it was a good experience and one worth seeing.

Overall Grade: B-


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment