Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Hello, World of Blog Readers

As I look at my bank statement, I sigh because I know that there is no choice but to pursue a New Year's resolution that I made for myself a year and a half ago. Even though at the time it was still 2008, I knew that I would need over a year to prepare myself for this commitment. Now that the time is here, I am still nowhere prepared for the journey that is to come in the next 12 months--but I must face the music and follow through. I have told many family and friends about my plan well in advance so that I will feel more motivated and obligated. And after I saw Julie & Julia this past summer, I knew that if Julie Powell could pull off a way more difficult feat, then I should surely have no problem (though she did have a bit more money than I). I am 20-years-old and a full-time student at Cal Poly Pomona here in California, and I have no job (yet), but my task will be saved by matinees and discount theaters.

There is, however, one exception of the films this year--I'm not sure if Twilight Eclipse will be skipped or not (I think it will better prove the point that I can't stand those movies). But like I said, I may change my mind!

I am not the most articulate person in the world, and my reviews of movies often stray from professional critics, so it should be interesting how this turns out. So, if there does happen to be anyone out there interested in this blog, feel free to leave some feedback on my reviews. And if no one is interested, at least I have this web log for my own personal entertainment :)

As for me, tomorrow is a new day, and ironically enough, the first film of the year for me will star Amy Adams. And good thing New Year's Day was a Friday because it gave me an extra week and a half to get prepped!


Wish Me Luck,

Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment