Monday, October 18, 2010

Devil


Don't let the name of the movie turn you off if you are religious. I tried telling my mom this. This film by one of my favorite film makers, M. Night Shyamalan, is about a group of 5 strangers who get trapped in an elevator and realize that one of them is the Devil because, one by one, they keep dying.

I don't like scary movies, but I like M. Night Shyamalan's creepy and eerie premises. They really keep me intrigued and interested. He always answers many of our "what if" questions very well. This film was no different. It was very entertaining and interesting. Like many of his movies, the acting can be a bit campy, but it lends to the purpose of the film without weakening it or distracting the audience.

Like I said, don't let the title deter you from watching this film. There is a very strong religious message at the end--as well as throughout. It is not just one of those scary movies that has a bunch of drastic things happening just to leave the audience with no feel of closure. This is another reason why I like Shyamalan's films, because he is more interested it scaring you and teaching you a lesson than just getting a cheap and easy scare out of the audience.

This film is fast-paced and entertaining film that will grab your face and let you know the truth. I loved it and couldn't find anything wrong with it. It's on of my favorite M. Night Shyamalan films to date.

Overall Grade: A+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment