Monday, October 25, 2010

Case 39


I hate scary movies, and despite what many of you may think after seeing this film, to me it is the scariest movie of the year so far. It stars Renee Zellweger as a social worker, Emily, who saves a 10-year-old girl from her abusive parents only to realize that her life is about to be changed forever.

I have to give credit to this film for scaring me senseless. Everything about it is creepy, so I guess you could say it reached its goal. However, Zellweger doesn't do her best job as the protagonist, and the little girl, Lilith, forces much of her lines. The script is poorly written. The film is shot well though, and does a good job at scaring.

I will never watch this film again, but it isn't as poorly done as many other critics say. The story is very interesting and amusing.

Overall Grade: D+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment