Friday, October 22, 2010

Alpha and Omega


I am not very picky when it comes to animated movies, but as far as they go, this one isn't at the top of my list. It's about Kate (Hayden Panettiere) who is an alpha wolf, whose job is to hunt for food. However, Humphrey (Justin Long) is an omega wolf, who spend their time playing all day. Despite the rules for them not to howl together or be wed, Humphrey has a crush on Kate--who sees him as immature. Kate is arranged to marry Garth--the son of the rival pack's leader.

The humor in this movie was very good for the most part. It was funny and everything. Some of the dialogue, however, seemed forced. There wasn't too much character depth, and the animation was really jumpy and sloppy--almost to give the feeling that this film was rushed to get made. There wasn't a whole lot of explanation on how the whole alpha and omega thing worked--I just had to figure it out, and even then it's still kind of an assumption.

But like I said, the movie was funny. This is another case of how much I like a film having a better grade on how well the film was actually made. I liked the film at about a A- grade. However, the technicalities of the film would give it a C+ grade. So, I will somewhat give an average of the two, with more weight on how much I actually enjoyed it (because that's what matters most).

Overall Grade: B+


-Ethan Brehm

No comments:

Post a Comment